The Business Challenge
Jonathan Farmer, Technical Development Analyst described their situation:
“ACC moved their financial application to a Client Server environment using SQL Server as the database. Our critical order processing and distribution applications still reside on VAX and Alpha systems with RMS data files. We needed a seamless way to keep both applications in sync without disrupting our business!”
“We used CONNX for RMS provided by Generix with Visual Basic to develop a Client Server application to simultaneously update and maintain our RMS data files and SQL Server. We evaluated CONNX for RMS against our existing ODBC driver which we had encountered problems with performance, maintenance and support.
“We found that CONNX is fast, secure, scaleable and easy to use. CONNX also proved to be effortless to set up, deploy and has performed very well by simply doing everything we expected it to.”
- CONNX provides a seamless way to keep both applications in sync without disrupting the business.
- CONNX provides enhanced reporting to users increasing information availability.
- CONNX replaced the need to learn low level API programming.
- CONNX enables ACC to retain the investment in their existing business systems.
ACC are now investigating developing an Intranet / Extranet using CONNX and ASP (Active Server Pages) to distribute and publish information.
“Support from Generix has been excellent. Any issues have been resolved quickly and accurately. Whenever we have had any problems the support specialists have been easy to contact and proactive in making sure our questions were answered promptly”.
- Jonathan Farmer, Technical Development Analyst